FIND NEARBY PRACTITIONERS
Winter Root Vegetables By Mrs. Clause
Veggies galore in this tasty side dish of yore!
Original Recipe Yields 10 servings
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 pound parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 pound carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound turnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook vegetables separately in water until tender; drain. Melt butter; stir in remaining ingredients. Combine the vegetables and butter mixture; toss to coat.