Yoga Asanas That Will Help You With Hair Growth
The increased stress level, deteriorating food quality, and dangerous lifestyle behaviors combined with genetic problems at a young age are primary reasons for experiencing hair problems. Today, it has become a global issue with every other individual stressing over falling hair. This makes it crucial to take the right step in the direction to deal with it. One of the ways by which you can improve hair health and promote hair growth is by practicing yoga asanas.
Suggested Article: 5 Yoga Techniques To Prevent Hair Loss
Yoga is an ancient fitness form that is not just good for inner and mental health but also in curing several skin and hair problems. It works from within and helps in reducing stress and anxiety, which contributes to hair loss. Regular and diligent practice of yoga poses has proved beneficial in preventing hair problems to a great extent. It is advantageous, irrespective of the reason behind the hair loss. Whether it’s a genetic condition, a hormonal imbalance, excess use of hair dyes, dandruff, increased stress level, side effects of drugs and cigarettes, or more, these are some of the yoga poses that will help you in hair growth.
To reduce your task of looking out for such yoga poses, we have curated this article. In this article, we have incorporated five poses of yoga. Adding these poses to your daily routine will make your hair roots stronger, thicker, and healthier. Besides helping you make your hair grow faster, it will give you a leaner body, calm your mind, and make your skin glow. This makes it worth giving a try. So, without wasting more time, scroll down and get familiar with poses of yoga for hair growth.
Table Of Content:
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana
1. Adho Mukha Svanasana
Adho Mukha Svanasana, popularly known as the downward-facing dog pose, is one of the highly practiced poses of yoga for hair growth. It is an inversion asana that is typically performed in conjunction with other postures, especially Surya Namaskar. Here are the instructions to perform this asana.
How to do:
1. Start by facing downwards and standing on all fours with knees and palms on the yoga mat.
2. Now, exhale and lift your hips gently in the air so that your knees and elbows can be straight.
3. Once your body is in an inverted “V” position, push your abdomen inward.
4. Now, keep your head down and put your eyes on the naval.
5. Hold the same pose for a few seconds and take deep breaths meanwhile.
Practicing Adho Mukha Svanasana as yoga for hair growth is quite beneficial as it helps deal with stress, depression, and insomnia. Since this yoga pose requires putting the head down for a few minutes, the blood circulation increases in the scalp and regenerates the hair follicles, which assists in hair growth.
Also Checkout: Yoga For Weight Loss: A Guide To Flat Tummy
Vajrasana or Thunderbolt Pose is quite a powerful pose of yoga for hair growth. This pose is simple to perform with just a few instructions. Unlike other poses, Vajrasana can be done right after a meal. To correctly perform this pose, follow the given instructions.
How to do:
1. Kneel on your yoga mat and sit on your heels. Make sure your back is straight, and heels are close together.
2. Place your hands on the laps facing toward the ground.
3. Once you are in a relaxed position, hold the pose for at least 30 seconds.
4. Take deep long breaths while holding the pose.
5. Stretch out once you are done.
This is one of the most simple yoga poses that can easily be done by newbies too. Performing this pose of yoga for hair growth will help release tension and stress. It also improves blood circulation and strengthens hair follicles. By performing this pose regularly, your hair health conditions will improve.
Also Checkout: How Pranayama Benefits Your Body & Mind?
Also known as Shoulder Stand, Sarvangasana is an inverted asana performed as yoga for hair growth. This pose is quite similar to medieval hatha yoga. To know more about this pose and learn how to do so, read below.
How to do:
1. Lie down on your back on the yoga mat. Now, pull both your legs upward, making a 90o angle from your legs.
2. While your body is slightly elevated, keep your hands firmly on the lower back and hip region. This will help your body to get some support.
3. Push your lower back upwards along with pulling your legs to let your body stand on your shoulders.
4. Once done, hold the position, keep your spine straight, toes stiff, and eyes on your knees.
5. Inhale and exhale while holding the pose and then release it after a few seconds.
Sarvangasana is a yoga pose that is highly beneficial for the thyroid, one of the reasons for hair fall. It also regulates the blood flow, which nourishes the hair and keeps them hydrated. This helps deal with dry and rough hair.
Also Checkout: 10 Extraordinary Benefits Of Practicing Yoga Everyday
This is one of the most famous yoga poses for hair growth, popularly known as “Headstand.” It is again an inverted asana that can be described both as asana and mudra in yoga. Sirsasana is called the king of asanas and holds excellent benefits. Here’s how you can perform this yoga for hair growth the right way.
How to do:
1. Kneel on the yoga mat and lock your fingers into each other.
2. Now, bend your head downwards toward the floor and support it with your interlocked hands.
3. Then you need to start raising your legs slowly to stand in an upside-down position on the floor.
4. While in the position, make sure your legs are close and arms straight.
5. Stabilize your body and hold it for a few seconds. Try your best to maintain the balance as long as you can.
6. Finally, relax your toes, bring them on the floor slowly, and take deep breaths.
This pose of yoga for hair growth is highly beneficial for people with thin hair or balding. Doing this regularly will help in blood circulation, which further reduces hair loss. Plus, it is also great in preventing premature grey hair and regrowth of new hair.
Also Checkout: 5 Yoga Poses That Will Help You Heal Scoliosis
Uttanasana, a.k.a forward bending camel pose, is one of the poses of yoga for hair growth that needs some time for perfection. This pose was discovered in the 20th century and is practiced a lot because of its endless benefits.
How to do:
1. To practice this pose, stand straight with your feet touching each other.
2. Now, lift your arms in the air and take a deep breath. Then, without inhaling, bend forward. Make sure you don’t bend your knees or arms during the process.
3. Try to touch your feet and hug your knees.
4. Hold the position right there for a couple of seconds while keeping your head and eyes down. Also, pull your abdominal muscles in while you are touching your feet.
5. Finally, rise up slowly and exhale. Relax for a few seconds and repeat it.
No list of poses of yoga for hair growth is complete without the mention of Uttanasana. This pose is extremely beneficial and easy to practice. It helps relax the muscles and increases the flow of blood and oxygen in the body and the scalp. As a result, hair follicles grow long and strong at the same time.
Also Checkout: Some Yoga Health Magazines You Must Refer As Beginners
Having a head full of strong hair can make a person feel better. But in today’s scenario, the majority of people are dealing with hair problems. To deal with such issues, yoga asanas come in great help. Make sure you follow the above-mentioned poses of yoga for hair growth and enjoy strong hair and improved well-being.